OUR MEMBERS CREATE MEANINGFUL CHANGE FOR EDUCATORS, STUDENTS, AND COMMUNITIES
OEA makes sure the voices of educators are actually heard. 在一起, we have successfully raised educator wages, 改善工作条件, and increased public school funding. We can have an even stronger voice when you join us today.
Becoming a member of the 俄勒冈教育协会 connects you with a movement of educators and school staff supporting each other. Our union advocates for the funding and resources that you, your schools, and your students deserve. 这包括:
教育家支付 & 好处
- 加薪: Won average salary increases of 5% for educators who bargained new contracts during the 22-23 academic years.
- 兼职教员保健: Passed legislation ensuring that Oregon's PERS-eligible part-time faculty had access to affordable health care through their employer.
- 体面地退休: Every year in Salem, some lawmakers attack Oregon's Public Employee Retirement System (PERS). OEA consistently joins with other public sector unions to fight back these attacks to ensure Oregon's educators are able to retire with dignity.
教育资金 & 投资
- 学生成功法案: Through the dedicated efforts of OEA members, Oregon passed the historic 学生的成功 Act in May 2019, adding $1 billion in funding per year for Oregon schools and students. This new law includes sweeping provisions for new and improved services for children and families, including additional instructional time, providing mental and behavioral health 支持, 减少班级规模, implementing a more well-rounded education, fully funding High School Success, 改善学校安全等等.
- k - 12资助: 获得了10美元.3 billion in state funding for K-12 education in Oregon during the 2023 legislative session, which meets our calculation of what is needed to maintain current service levels for our students.
- 社区学院资助: 担保 $800 million in state funding for Oregon's community colleges. 这个数字是3200万美元 以上 our calculation of what is needed to maintain current service levels for our students.
- 专业学习: 高质量的, 领导的, professional learning opportunities with Professional Development Units (PDUs) or graduate credits.
- 学生资助补助金: Eligibility to apply for OEA基金会 grants to provide financial support to students facing a critical need like new glasses or clothing.
- 金融指导: Guidance on student loan debt and access to financial planning tools and resources to help you qualify for federal Public Student Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) programs.
- 联盟表示: Building-level representation for any questions or concerns about your local union or district issues and to ensure that your rights are consistently protected in your workplace.
- 特许支持: Access to one-on-one consultations with a staff liaison to the Teacher Standards and Practices Commission (TSPC) to help answer any questions you might have about licensure requirements or changes in Oregon.
- 法律辩护: Access to OEA's 法律辩护 Fund (LDF) to ensure your due process rights have been followed, 你的合同已经履行了, and your professional rights are respected.
- 责任保险: Access to affordable liability insurance coverage for civil and employment-related criminal issues.